What Does Dental Fundamentals Cover?
If you’ve considered attending school to become a dental assistant you may be wondering, what does Dental Fundamentals cover?
Keep reading to find out what you can expect to learn when you enroll in one of our incredible dental assisting programs.
Our programs come in a convenient 10 week format so that you waste no time jumping into your new career as a dental assistant. We offer hands-on training with real dentists, and we are dentist owned. Students are only required to attend two evening classes a week in order to graduate, so no matter if you’re a parent, working full-time, or just have a busy schedule, dental fundamentals could work for you. Our passion is our students, so we set up our curriculum in order to help you succeed.
What Will You Learn at Dental Fundamentals?
During your 10 weeks here you can expect to get hands-on training on all of the basics of becoming a dental assistant, including:
- Chair-side assisting techniques – You will learn proper bedside manner and etiquette in addition to how to assist the dentist in whatever procedure they are performing.
- Aseptic techniques – You will learn how to sanitize and prep examination areas in order to keep dental staff and patients safe.
- Management of hazardous materials – Dental examinations and procedures often involve bodily fluids. You will learn how to dispose of these biohazards and handle other potentially hazardous chemicals.
- Identification and utilization of instruments, materials, and equipment – You will learn about the various tools and materials used for each procedure, their properties, and how to correctly use them.
- Processing digital dental photographs – You will learn how to position the x-ray and take and develop photos. You will also learn the qualities of usable and unusable photos, and the basics of x-ray technology.
Why Become a Dental Assistant?
There are a number of reasons why becoming a dental assistant is a great career choice, including:
- High pay – Dental assistants make more than the national average wage in the United States.
- Job opportunities – The dental assisting field has grown exponentially and is projected to keep growing in the next few years. This means no more submitting job application after application—you’re in high demand.
- Good work environment – If you love meeting new people and working with people as passionate about dentistry as you are, this could be the field for you.
- Work anywhere – Ready to make that big move? No worries, you’ll be able to find a job anywhere in the United States as a certified dental assistant.
Contact Dental Fundamentals School of Dental Assisting
If you’re ready to dive into the world of dental assisting, contact Dental Fundamentals today. We pride ourselves in setting our students up for success in the dental field by giving them an incredible education at an affordable price. We serve students from the local areas of Salt Lake City, West Valley City, Murray, Layton, and more across Utah, so call us today to set up your free campus tour.