5 Reasons to Consider a Career in Dental Assisting
Have you ever considered a career in dental assisting but have been hesitant about pulling the trigger?
Quit hesitating! Dental assisting is an exciting, innovative, and excellent career that comes with many benefits. Without stepping foot in a college or racking up tens of thousands of dollars in debt, you can start your career in dental assisting. This is a field that many people are eager to break into — and for a good reason! If you are curious about the world of dental assisting, continue reading to learn our top five reasons to become a dental assistant below.
5 Reasons You Should Consider Dental Assisting
If you’ve thought about becoming a dental assistant, you’re not alone. There are many reasons people all across the United States are starting their careers in dental assisting. Here are our top five reasons:
- Major Job Security — One of the biggest, most attractive reasons people become dental assistants is job security. As long as people have teeth — and don’t have teeth for that matter — people will need to visit the dentist. Without dental assistants, a dental office cannot function effectively or efficiently. So, dental offices will require trained and qualified dental assistants to run their businesses. This fact is reassuring to dental assistants everywhere because their skill sets will always be in high demand.
- Rewarding and Fulfilling Work — Being a dental assistant is gratifying and fulfilling. No two days look the same, and you have the opportunity to positively affect the lives of the patients that visit your office. Between comforting nervous patients, improving the health and look of a smile, and helping the appointment move along smoothly, you gain a satisfying sense of making a positive difference in your patients’ lives.
- Great Pay Potential — A career in dental assisting can pay off, especially when you consider the minimal amount of required education. According to indeed.com, the average salary for a full-time dental assistant is nearly $36,000 in the United States. In a few as ten weeks, you can begin your exciting healthcare career and start earning money.
- Many Opportunities for Growth — If you want a dynamic career where no two days are the same, being a dental assistant is the perfect job for you. Working in a dental office means learning the ins and outs of the dental industry, gaining real-world experience, and understanding what it takes to run a dental office. Many assistants can take their knowledge, experience, and education to further their careers. With a bit more training, you can go on to become an office manager, insurance professional, dental hygienist, and more!
- Flexibility — A massive perk of being a dental assistant is the flexibility that it affords. You can opt to work full-time or part-time in an office, work at multiple facilities, or work weekends and evenings. This is particularly appealing for people with kids or other commitments and responsibilities.
Contact Dental Fundamentals School of Dental Assisting
Dental Fundamentals School of Dental Assisting is proud to provide one of the most hands-on dental assisting training programs available. Our 10-week format focuses on educating students on all the practical skills they need to become successful, confident, and knowledgeable dental assistants. With onsite dentists to provide real-life training and evening classes, we cater to students in Salt Lake City, Murray, West Valley City, Layton, and more. Our classes begin every two weeks, so there is no need to wait to jumpstart your new career in dental assisting. Contact us online for more information, or schedule a tour today!